Download operating instructions
How to format the Micro Vault USB-S
When the Micro Vault does not operate well, please re-format it in Microsoft Windows using the following procedure:
- Plug Micro Vault to the computer.
- Double click on “My Computer” or “Computer” on the desktop.
- Right-click the drive icon of Micro Vault and select “format”.
- Select file system “FAT32”.
- Optional: check “Quick format” as the format.
- Click “Start” button.
- Please close My Computer and Explorer before formatting the Micro Vault. The format process may not be successful if other applications are active.
- The reformatting process will erase any data stored on the Micro Vault. Before starting the process, make backups of any data that you want to keep.
- In order to use the Micro Vault after formatting is complete, please remove the device from the host device and re-insert into host device.
- Sony cannot accept any liability for loss or damage of contents, financial damages, lost profits, claims from third parties, etc., arising from the use of the formatting software.
In order to use the XQD memory card with an XQD ExpressCard Adapter, the XQD Device Driver must be installed on the host computer.
XQD Device Driver (for Windows OS)
XQD Device Driver (for MAC OS)
- Windows 7 (32bit/64bit) SP1 or later
- Windows Vista (32bit/64bit) SP2 or later
- Windows XP (32bit) SP3 or later
- Mac OS X v10.5
- Mac OS X v 10.6*
- Mac OS X v 10.7
*Sony has found that a message will appear to say you need to restart your CoreDuo-based MacBook PRO when you update the OS to Mac OS X 10.6.8 (released on June 23, 2011) and insert an XQD Memory Card. We do not recommend that you update your OS to 10.6.8. If you have already updated your OS and could not switch back to the previous version (such as 10.6.7), please use your XQD Memory Card with an 'XQD Memory Card Reader MRW-E80,' which is sold separately.
After the software download finished, please install according to the following instruction.
- Please read the software license agreement and go to accept if you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Make sure to disconnect XQD memory card and to quit all other applications before XQD Device Driver installation.
- Click the file and start the installation according to the message of the installer window.
- After installation is completed, click the [Restart] button.
- Insert an XQD memory card into ExpressCard slot on computer. XQD memory card will be recognized as removable drive.