D8 tape format was developed from the technology Sony 8mm video for use in data preservation and software distribution. The data tapes 8mm QG series provides the stability and reliability required for the D8 format thanks to the use of Sony's metal technology.
- Format based on the development of 8mm video tapes
- Uses META Sony Super Stable Metal Tape known for its high durability
- The cases of the tapes are made of highly durable polypropylene, which are resistant to falls and heavy blows
- Compatible with all D8 series units
* The actual capacity usage can vary due to compression and data system at the beginning of the tape.
**Compression ratio 2:1
|Native Transfer Rate (MB/s)*
|Compressed Transfer Rate (MB/s)*
|Tape Width (mm)
|Tape Thickness (μm)
|Tape Length (m)
* Actual speed may vary according to the hardware and software used.
||5 a 45
||41 a 113
||20 a 80
||5 a 32
||41 a 90
||20 a 80
||-40 a 45
||-40 a 113
||5 a 80
* Maximum temperature of wet bulb: 79°F (26°C) without condensation.
The product availability may vary by market.
Please consult your authorized Sony sales representative.